A Time Timer Classroom is an amazingly productive place.
It's a classroom where students can visualize time, understand it as a concept, and learn to manage it effectively. If you've taken advantage of Time Timer's Back-to-School Special, then you've heard how thousands of teachers worldwide prefer this visual approach to time.
- Young children can watch the Timer and anticipate when class will switch from math to recess to silent reading and test time, reducing behavior problems.
- College, high school and junior high students can complete standardized tests, group projects and creative assignments with more independence.
- Students with special needs can engage with a quiet visual timer – no noisy ticking or distracting numerical countdown.
So how can schools really maximize their Time Timers? What does a true Time Timer Classroom look like?
Or a bit more...?
The most effective Time Timer Classrooms use a Goldilocks approach – deploying three sizes of timers to find that "just right" fit.
The Big Time
Whiteboard - compatible Time Timer Software projects a massive visual countdown that everyone can watch. Use it for:
- Standardized testing with hundreds of students in a single room,
- Science labs (add the optional numerical countdown to help everyone focus)
- Gym class, art class, orchestra and other loud high-octane environments!
Big Learning: Your students may be too little to tell time, but they can still use a Time Timer! Even preschoolers can see time elapsing and start learning to pace themselves.
Little by Little
A 3-inch Time Timer helps teachers give students individual attention, even in overcrowded classrooms. Use it for:
- Special needs students (in one-on-one tutoring, therapy or integration into mainstream classes)
- Gifted students who want to work ahead with more independence
- Teacher planning periods: prepare lesson plans and take a breather during the hectic day!
A Little Tip: Time Timers give children tremendous indepence. But make sure the teacher is the only one allowed to set the Timer – they're tools, not toys!
Thousands of teachers worldwide use the 8-inch middle-sized Timer as their classroom timer. It's the best-selling model because it's ideal for home, outdoors and all-ages classrooms. Use it for:
- Teacher-Moms who balance time between the classroom and their own kids!
- Creative exercises like art class, free journaling and Socratic seminars.
- Detention (where time just crawls)
99 Timers in 1: Educators receive a 50% discount on bulk purchases of Time Timer for iPad – a revolutionary app that helps you create up to 99 colorful timers up to 12 hours long!
Thanks for exploring Time Timer Classrooms!