Time Timer In Education
Success in the classroom.
Whether your classroom is in the school building, or at the kitchen table, teachers around the world have discovered the power of the award-winning Time Timer to transform stressful transition periods, reduce resistance to routines and increase their ability to manage their classrooms.
The Time Timer helps students of all ages and abilities see and understand the passage of time. This provides them the opportunity to focus, which, in today’s challenging and chaotic learning environment, is not often easy to do. Isn’t that what you want for your classroom?
Are you homeschooling? Check out our essential homeschooling tools.
Are you a Montessori Educator? Check out our tips on using the Time Timer in the Montessori environment.
“When you have many children in the classroom it's often difficult to be able to meet the needs of all the children at once. So having this tool really provided a great relief when I couldn't be the one to provide the redirection.”
– Anita Calo, Educator
Shop Time Timer for the Classroom
“I'll use the Time Timer during sensory breaks where the kids might be bouncing or jumping and their eyes may not be on it—so it's nice that you can turn on the timer and pair it with an auditory and visual component.”
– Jen O'Brien, Occupational Therapist
How the Time Timer Works
Easy to Set: To set a Time Timer, move the colored disk to the desired amount of time.
No Loud Ticking: The time automatically begins to count down with no loud ticking.
Time Visually Disappears: As time elapses, the colored disk disappears. The Time Timer operates in a clockwise direction.
Make Every Moment Count: Time is up when the disk is gone!
I was introduced to this product by a friend of mine who is a Special Ed teacher. At 50, I was diagnosed with ADHD and using this timer to help myself shift to the next task has been invaluable. I frequently refer my coaching clients and/or parents to this tool."
- Wendy M., Teacher
Time Timer is used by all different types of educational professionals in a variety of different environments. Here are just a few examples:
- Equip educators with this essential productivity tool
- Establish a building-wide process for monitoring time
- Increase accessibility in every classroom
- Emphasize a caring and inclusive school environment
- Keep meetings on track
- Rotate learning stations
- Ensure equal time for taking turns
- Get clean up done more quickly
Middle & High School
- Standardized test preparation
- Classroom and lab time management
- Empower students to manage their own time
- As a guide for taking turns
- For managing classroom transitions
- Facilitate small group work
- Keep planning periods and parent conferences on track
- Effectively manage small groups for differentiated instruction
- Empower students to manage their own time
- Provide focus for individual work
Recommended Classroom Time Management Tools
The Time Timer MAX is the largest visual timer; it is 17 inches by 17 inches. The MAX gives you the ability to customize your time management for your classroom. This timer includes 8 timers in one – 3 double sided faces are included and the additional two are available as an accessory. From creating your own schedule to a timer all the way up to 24 hours the options are endless.
The size of the Time Timer Original 12 inch allows it to be seen anywhere in the room. This is perfect for a classroom full of students because it can easily be seen from a distance. The Time Timer is clinically proven to increase self-regulation in students. Its versatile placement options mean it can be hung on the wall or stood on a desktop with its foldable feet.
The Time Timer Original 8 inch is the ideal timer for individual and small group use. This timer is perfect for setting up workstations throughout the classroom. The Time Timer Original 8 inch is the original Time Timer that has been a classroom favorite for over 25 years. Similar to the Original 12 inch, its versatile placement options mean it can be hung on the wall or stood on a desktop with its foldable feet.
What People Are Saying
“I have used one of your Time Timers in my classroom for a number of years with great success. My students like it a great deal, even those who need the challenge of slowing down and doing a good job rather than a rushed job. Two colleagues bought them on my recommendation!”
“The Time Timer really helped me keep track of time at my AP tests.”
– High School Student
“I have been using your Time Timer Desktop App for several years when administering science labs, SAT testing, timed classroom presentations, etc. Both teachers and students find it easy to use and view. A great professional tool for classroom use.”
- 5 Academic Planners for Back to School: New school year means it is time for a new planner (some teachers favorite part of the year!) This blog post gives you 5 different planner options so you can find the best one to match your organization style.
- School Spotlight: Looking to hear about other schools and gain fresh ideas for your classroom? The School Spotlight series is a perfect place to start. This series explores different cities in the county and how their schools and classrooms are unique.
- Make Every Moment Count: for Parents and Educators: This is a great place to collaborate and share ideas with other educators and parents. This group is full of resources and great ideas for everyone!
- Teacher-to-Teacher: 4 Easy Ways to Leverage a Classroom Timer: Get a teacher’s perspective on how a visual timer can be helpful in your classroom. In this blog there are 4 ideas based on personal experience.
Intuitive Assistive TechnologyTime Timer believes in creating products that truly help people of all ages and abilities to conquer time – in the classroom, in the home, and in the office. While time can be a challenge for everyone, we aim to provide intuitive and innovative solutions that make a real difference.
Time Timer is clinically proven to increase self-regulation.
A study conducted by the Department of Exceptional Student Education at Florida Atlantic University found that children ages 2-4 years old showed a significant increase in self-regulation skills when the Time Timer® was used to facilitate their activity.
Make Every Moment Count in Your Classroom Today