Time Timer® Apple Watch App
For help with the Time Timer® Apple Watch App.
Once you have purchased and installed the iPhone app, you should see Time Timer listed under “INSTALLED ON APPLE WATCH” on your iPhone WATCH APP. The Time Timer app should now show on your watch and be ready to use.
How do I open the Time Timer app on my watch?
Simply tap the Time Timer icon to open the app.
How do I set a timer on my Apple Watch?
Open the app and turn your watch’s digital crown to set a timer anywhere from 1 to 60 minutes in length. The size of the red timer disk will visually indicate how many minutes you’re placing on your timer.
Time duration also is displayed in the orange box below the timer face.
Tap the orange triangle to play the timer.
Is it possible to repeat a timer?
Yes. Force Touch (an extra hard press) your watch face to open up the app’s settings. Within settings, you can select the number of times to play a timer.
How do I delete a timer?
Force Touch (an extra hard press) your watch face to access settings. Then select delete.
Also, after a timer has completed running, a trash can icon will appear in the lower right-hand corner of the screen for a quick delete option if the timer is no longer needed.
How do I set a custom scale timer?
The red disk defaults to represent 60 minutes. If you’d like to customize the time scale, tap on the overlapping circle icons in the lower left-hand side of the watch face. This allows you to toggle between a custom scale disk and 60-minute scale disk.
Once you select custom, you can select the hours, minutes and seconds you want the entire disk to represent. Tap on each time area (hours, minutes, seconds) to adjust duration using the digital crown.
What is the difference between a 60-minute timer and custom scale timer?
A 60-minute timer is fixed and numbered where the disk is always a fraction on 60 minutes. It looks and works exactly like our standalone timers.
A custom scale timer is a timer that is scaled to any time duration. The full disk can represent anything from 1 second up to 59 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds. Custom mode is ideal for activities where you need much more or much less than 60 minutes.
Can I make the disk different colors?
Yes – just pause your timer (custom or 60-minute) and Force Touch (an extra hard press) the screen.
Tap on the setting icon that looks like a gear, then tap on disk color to select your favorite color.
What happens when a timer is over?
At the end of the timer, there’s a single ding sound, as well as a short vibration.
How do I check the volume setting on the watch?
You can set the volume standards both on the watch or the paired phone.
To set it on the Watch:
- Open the Settings app
- Swipe with your finger, or turn the Digital Crown (the round button on the edge of the watch) to scroll down to “Sounds & Haptics”
- Ensure the Alert Volume is, say, 50%. Tapping on the speaker icons will lower or raise the volume of the alert. Alternatively, you can turn the Digital Crown to change the volume.
- Ensure Silent Mode is off.
- Scroll down to “Haptic Strength”. It has three settings: off, medium (1 bar), and strong (2 bars). Make sure it’s not off.
On the paired iPhone:
- Open the Watch app
- Tap “Notifications”. Scroll down the list of apps until you find Time Timer. Ensure its notifications are enabled (switch is green).
- Tap on General. Check that “Do Not Disturb” mode is off, or if you’re Mirroring iPhone, the scheduled time is out with the hours you’re testing the app.
- Tap the back button twice until the title bar reads “My Watch”
- Tap on “Sounds & Haptics”. Changing the Alert Volume here will produce a test click sound on the Watch. Note that setting the volume here doesn’t change the slider on the Watch, so it’s possible to have the Watch Alert Volume at 100% and the same setting on the iPhone at 0%, and you won’t hear anything. Setting Alert Volume to 50% should be sufficient.
- Check the “Haptic Strength” setting below “Silent Mode”. This setting mirrors the same on the Watch - changing it on the phone will immediately change it on the Watch and vice versa.
- Ensure Silent Mode is off. Like the “Haptic Strength” setting, this is mirrored between Watch and iPhone.
For more information visit Apple’s help page here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204793
Is it possible to save a timer on my Apple Watch?
Yes – you can create and save multiple timers. Just tap the name of your timer in the upper left-hand corner of the screen, and then tap Add Timer. To add additional timers, just repeat this process.
Every timer is automatically saved in the list view.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need my phone for the Apple Watch app to work?
No, the app works on your watch even if you’re not near your iPhone, but you do need to install the full app on your phone. You can create, use and delete timers all on your watch.
I purchased a new device or accidentally deleted the App. Do I have to buy the app again?
If you have already purchased the App once, then the App Store should give you the option to re-download it if you are logged into the Apple ID you used to purchase the app. There is no need to purchase the app again.
How do I keep my Apple Watch from falling asleep when I am using the timer?
All Apple Watches fall asleep after 15 seconds. Luckily, your timer will continue to run in the background even if your watch is asleep. When your timer is up, the watch will vibrate, ding and bring a visual alert up on the watch face.