The holiday lights are up and many of us are embracing cozy traditions and celebrating the season of giving with our loved ones.
If you’re spending more time at home over the holidays, there’s nothing better than a delicious aroma filling your space with scents that evoke joy and happiness.
Our visual timers are a welcome addition to your kitchen, especially for holiday cooking. Let us help you keep track of everything delicious to be made!
Before you get started, use our Time Timer WASH and WASH + Soap Dispenser for touchless, easy handwashing. It’s the best tool for hygiene and proper handwashing, and it’s fun to use so kids love it too.
The Time Timer TWIST is another top pick for the kitchen as, unlike our other visual timers, it features a continuous alert at the end of the duration to ensure you don't miss it and check on your cooking and baking in time! The alert can be stopped by pressing the Play/Pause button or will stop after 1 minute of beeping.
The TWIST also features a magnetic back making it ideal for any metallic surface and is now available in new colors, including Original Red, Pale Shale Gray, Dreamsicle Orange, and Lake Day Blue.
Here’s a vegan, gluten-free cookie recipe you can make, or invite the whole family to prepare together and enjoy. You can also make a double batch to spread some holiday cheer and share these yummy cookies with your neighbors.
Vegan, Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
- 1 cup oat flour (instructions to prepare below). If not gluten-free, you can also use unbleached all-purpose flour.
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup raw cane turbinado sugar
- 1/3 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp unsweetened non-dairy milk, plus more as needed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Wash your hands with the Time Timer WASH and WASH + Soap Dispenser.
- To make oat flour, add rolled oats to a blender and pulse until oats transform to a fine flour.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a bowl.
- Add in milk, oil, and vanilla extract and stir to form a dough. If needed, add 1-2 tbsp extra milk at a time. Form into one big ball, then either place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or freeze until the dough is cold.
- Once the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 325°F. Prepare a large baking tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Form dough balls, and place them on the baking tray, leaving enough room between cookies for them to spread.
- Bake for 12 minutes on the center rack, until lightly golden. Set the Time Timer TWIST so you don’t forget! Let them cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes before touching, allowing the cookies to continue to firm up. Then, transfer to a baking rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
We are wishing you and your families a wonderful holiday season, from all of us at Time Timer!